In celebration of the long weekend and the Easter holiday I put together this Beet & Basil Infusion.
CRE8ion by Camille Hopper-Naud
Beets have that lovely, sweet and earthy flavour that welcomes the freshness of spring while also giving us that lovely colour. The basil brought fresh herb flavours that really brightens up the final product. This leans more towards a sweet liqueur with addition of maple syrup
*This recipe accounts for a mickey (375ml) of Cre8 Vodka, for a full bottle, double recipe!
- 0.5 cups of roasted beets, diced up
- 2-3 good sized fresh basil leaves
- 0.25 cups of real maple syrup
Roast beets until soft.
All types of sugar, including maple syrup, are wet/liquid ingredients. Be sure to add your sweetener before dilution.
- Wash your beets, trim off each end and chop up into same-sized pieces. Toss in neutral-flavoured oil and season with salt. Roast on a sheet pan at 375 for at least 30 minutes, or until you can piece it with a fork with little resistance.
- Once beets are cool, throw into a glass jar with CRE8 and fresh basil.
- Infuse for 24 hours.
- Strain out back into the bottle, add the maple syrup, and dilute to the 40% mark.
- Shake well and enjoy!
Stay tuned for the next post, where I’ll share how I turned this infusion into a fabulous cocktail!