This infusion still needs some work, but I think it has tons of potential
CRE8ion by Jess Morton
I miscalculated the intensity of the seaweed flavour from the wakame. The wakame delivered on the ocean-flavour I was looking for, but definitely short on the salt I was after. The cucumber still came through in the infusion, but it was more subtle than I would have liked.
I’ve adjusted the measurement for the wakame in the recipe, originally the portion was 0.25 cups. The original measurement was a little too strong on the seaweed flavour. I would use the same amount of cucumber. This infusion does not need more than 24 hours, because of how well the wakame infuses into the alcohol. This infusion pairs incredibly well with dry spirits like gin, and I would recommend adding salt to any cocktail it’s used in. Again tons of potential.
- Half of 1 Long cucumber sliced
- 2 Tbsp of Wakame seaweed
- Wash and slice cucumber. Do not peel. Tons of the cucumber flavour is in the skin.
- Throw all ingredients in a glass mason jar, seal, and let sit in a cool and dark place.
- Infusion time: 24 hours
- Strain out all ingredients, and funnel back into the CRE8 Vodka bottle.
- Fill with purified water to the 40% ABV mark on the bottle. Shake well and enjoy.
Infusion Rating (out of 5): 3.5/5