This infusion is definitely another winner. Due to the citrus-like notes in the szechuan peppercorns, the spicy flavour is not too intense.
CRE8ion by Jess Morton
- 1 Tablespoon of Black peppercorns
- 1 Tablespoon of Szechuan peppercorns
- Zest from 5 mandarins
- Toast the peppercorns by tossing them in a dry pan over medium heat. About 1-2 minutes, or until fragrant. Lighty break up in a mortar and pestle, and set aside.
- Peel all the Mandarins. Do your best to scrape off most of the white pith with a small spoon.
- Throw all ingredients in a glass mason jar, seal, and let sit in a cool and dark place.
- Infusion time: 24 hours.
- Strain out all ingredients, and funnel back into the CRE8 Vodka bottle.
- Fill with purified water to the 40% ABV mark on the bottle. Shake well and enjoy.
Infusion Rating (out of 5): 5/5