This infusion is definitely another winner. Due to the citrus-like notes in the szechuan peppercorns, the spicy flavour is not too intense.
CRE8ion by Jess Morton
The peppercorns add more of a savoury aspect to it. Once I added the water for the dilution step, the oils in the mandarin peels had an incredible louche effect. This made the final product look like orange juice. Would definitely make again, no edits needed. Tons of options for shaken cocktails with this infusion as the base spirit.
- 1 Tablespoon of Black peppercorns
- 1 Tablespoon of Szechuan peppercorns
- Zest from 5 mandarins
- Toast the peppercorns by tossing them in a dry pan over medium heat. About 1-2 minutes, or until fragrant. Lighty break up in a mortar and pestle, and set aside.
- Peel all the Mandarins. Do your best to scrape off most of the white pith with a small spoon.
- Throw all ingredients in a glass mason jar, seal, and let sit in a cool and dark place.
- Infusion time: 24 hours.
- Strain out all ingredients, and funnel back into the CRE8 Vodka bottle.
- Fill with purified water to the 40% ABV mark on the bottle. Shake well and enjoy.
Infusion Rating (out of 5): 5/5